- Boards & Commissions
- Historic Commission & Committee
Historic Commission & Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Purpose of the Committee
The purpose of the Historic Committee is to promote educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the community by ensuring the preservation of structures and properties that represent the cultural heritage of the Village of Hanover Park and of the community prior to the Village's incorporation. Projects include scanning of historic photo's, organizing of historic materials and artifacts and maintenance of two historic cemeteries and documentation of plots, including mapping.
Attending a Meeting or Serving on the Committee
If you are interested in attending a meeting or would like to help preserve the Village's history please contact Officer Kevin Pini, Staff Liaison at 630-823-5553 or email.
Purpose of the Commission
On May 18th, Ordinance O-17-16 establishing a Historic Commission was approved by the President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Hanover Park. The purpose of this commission is to promote educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the community by ensuring the preservation of structures and properties that represent the cultural heritage of the Village of Hanover Park and of the community prior to the Village’s incorporation. The Commission will consist of five regular members with two auxiliary members.
Goals of Commission
- Present information and programs concerning historic preservation issues that affect the village, its residents and businesses
- Create new or coordinate existing historic programs suitable for achieving the goals of the commission
- Cooperate with local, state, and national public and private agencies and induvial who are working on historic preservation programs
- Provide recommendations to the Village Board regarding historic preservation issues and programs
- Recommend to the Village Board such programs and staffing as may be appropriate to achieve the goals of the commission
- Complete projects assigned by the Village Board on historically related issues of programs
- Provide a liaison between the Village and groups involved in historic preservation
- Encourage the preservation, restoration and rehabilitation of structures, buildings and properties that advance the history of the village
- Identify such properties, structures or areas within the village that are historically significant in that they exemplify and/or reflect the cultural, social, economic, or architectural history of the nation, state or the village
- Establish criteria and recommend to the Village Board for designation of heritage plaques
Seeking Qualified Historical Commission Members
If you feel you have the skills, ability and knowledge to accomplish these goals please contact Director of Economic and Community Development Shubhra Govind by phone at 630-823-5781 or by email.