Historic Property

  1. Smyrna Church
  2. Parsonage House
  3. Prairie Station Pub
  4. Newspaper Office
  5. Marek House
  6. Executive House

Smyrna church


This small country church which possesses its original Gothic Revival qualities was built in c 1870 elsewhere, and moved to this site in 1874. A small graveyard, whose earliest tomb marker appears to be 1903, lies to the south of the church.

The steeple, pointed arch windows, simple country church imagery all add to the architectural significance. The church is the single most important visual element of Ontarioville’s architecture.