It is the policy of the Hanover Park Police Department to take all complaints regarding employee performance and conduct. Some of these complaints are handled at the first line supervisor level, while others require a more in-depth internal investigation.
The table below illustrates the breakdown of internal investigations conducted by the Hanover Park Police Department. For reference, ‘Internal Types’ include informal investigations, in which the maximum discipline would be a suspension of less than three days, and formal investigations, in which the discipline may include suspensions in excess of three days or termination. ‘External’ complainants refer to an individual outside the organization making the complaint or allegation; ‘Internal’ complainants are employees who initiate a complaint against another employee. Potential investigation dispositions may include:
- Sustained - The allegation is substantiated.
- No Conclusion - The allegation is not substantiated and there is insufficient evidence to prove or disprove the allegation.
- Unfounded - The allegation is false or not factual, no misconduct, the incident did not occur or did not involve the employee named.
- Exonerated - The incident occurred but the employee involved acted lawfully and properly.
- Misconduct Not Based On Complaint - Substantiated employee misconduct not alleged in the complaint but disclosed by the investigation.
- Violation of Policy, Procedure or Proper Action - Minor violations generally unintentional or due to lack of training.
- Policy or Procedure Failure - The member acted within policy or procedural guidelines or the issue involved is not covered by existing directives. The situation indicates a need for the review and change of pertinent procedures or the drafting of new guidelines.
|Case Number||Date Received||Internal Type||Complainant Type||Employee Type||Alleged Violation||Disposition||Action Taken|
720 ILCS 5/7-5 Use of Force
Directive 205-P 1(A)11. Excessive Force
Directive 114-A(III):B.2,B.5,C.1 & F.4
Directive 114-A III(B)(4)
|Exonerated / Misconduct not based on complaint||None / Written Warning|