- Police Department
- Department Structure
The Police Department is organized into the Administration and the Operation and Support Divisions with a combined strength of 99 total employees of which 61 are police officers and 33 are civilians.
The Administration contains the Chief of Police, Administrative Assistant and Accreditation and Grants Manager.
The Operations Division has 58 sworn officers (1 deputy chief, 3 lieutenants, 5 sergeants, and 49 officers) and 6 civilian personnel and contains several bureaus and units.
- Provide the proper deployment of patrol units to respond to calls for police service, prevent crime and provide a visible presence to the public that instills confidence and security.
- Strategic Enforcement and Prevention Unit (SEP)
- Provides traffic enforcement operations, parking enforcement, liaison with school crossing guards, administrative hearing process, community events, nuisance abatement, trespassing programs, as well as checking for retail compliance with the sales of alcohol and tobacco.
- Detective Unit
- Assists the Patrol Bureau in the follow-up of cases that is beyond the scope of the uniformed officer.
- Investigate cases ranging from murder to theft.
- Handle both adult and youth cases.
- Juvenile officers administer programs aimed at the redirection of the behavior of the youthful offender. These include referral to outside social service agencies, station adjustment, and, when necessary, adjudication in the juvenile court system.
- Intelligence and Crime Analysis Unit (ICAU)
- Keeps track of crime statistics in Hanover Park, forecasts future crime trends, and coordinates crime information sharing among other agencies.
- Special Operations Group (SOG)
- Specialize in combating gang and drug activity in Hanover Park. SOG officers spends their time gathering gang intelligence and conducting anti-drug operations.
- Liaison with North Central Narcotics Task Force
- Bicycle Patrol Unit
- Crisis Resolution Team (CRT)
- Honor Guard
- Recruitment Team
- Canine Officer
- Evidence Technician
- Field Training Officer
- Range Officer
- Rotational Assignments
- Traffic Accident Investigator
- Truck Enforcement Officer
- Cook County Major Case Assistance Team (MCAT)
- DuPage County Major Crimes Task Force (DCMCTF)
- DuPage County Accident Reconstruction Team (DuCART)
- Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS)
- Northern Illinois Police Alarm System (NIPAS)
- Emergency Services Team (EST)
- Mobile Field Force (MFF)
Support Services Division
The Support Services Division has 2 sworn officers (1 deputy chief, 1 sergeant) and 27 civilian personnel (2 supervisors and 25 non-supervisory personnel) and contains several functions and units.
Code Enforcement Bureau
- Crime Free Housing
- Nuisance Properties
- Residential Property Code Enforcement
- Single Family and Multi-Family Rental Residential Licensing
- Grass and Weed Abatement
Community Services Bureau
- Social Services Unit
Staff Services Bureau
- Court Services
- Fleet Management
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Property Unit
- Records Unit
- Research and Planning