One of the main goals for Community Development staff is to connect the needs of Hanover Park’s existing and future businesses to the organizations who have the resources to turn those needs into reality. Village staff works with the following governments and other organizations whose sole purpose is to assist with the growth and development of your business.
- College of DuPage - The College of DuPage's Center for Entrepreneurship offers a variety of services and resources to help individuals and groups who are looking to open a business. The Center for Entrepreneurship hosts several seminars and workshops for business owners to grow their skill set and business.
- Cook County small business resources - Provides support to business at any stage of their journey.
- DuPage County small business resources - A wide variety of resources supplied on the county level. Businesses can benefit from learning about economic development incentives, financial tools, and more.
- Harper College - Staff at Harper College's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offer assistance to any entrepreneur who is looking to start up a for-profit business in Illinois.
- Poplar Creek Public Library - offers meeting spaces, access to databases, printers, software, and other tools for businesses. You can even schedule a one-on-one meeting with an expert to explore new possibilities for your business.
- Schaumburg Township District Library - library resources and knowledgeable librarians can help you find information for analyzing market demographics, finding grants, writing a business plan, and much more. Learn more by visiting their the Business Research Tools.
- SCORE - This is a large volunteer organization, made of successful business owners, that assists small business entrepreneurs with a series of services (many are free)! SCORE offers confidential business counseling, free or low-cost seminars and free business in dozens of locations throughout the Chicagoland area.
- The Small Business Administration - The SBA is a great resource for entrepreneurs looking to start or expand their business. Their regional offices can help you secure loans, contract with the federal government, and learn how to take your business to the next level.
- The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) - The WBDC provides services and programs to accelerate women's business ownership and strengthen the impact of women in the economy. The Village has a strong partnership with the WBDC - a representative, Minerva Catalyud serves on the Village Economic Development Committee.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury - The federal Department of the Treasury has a repository of resources for small businesses, including market research, certification, and federal programs.
- Education and Work Center - Conveniently located in Hanover Park, the EWC provides classes and training for those looking to develop marketable skills. Their SkillNet Center connects job-seekers with meaningful employment opportunities.
- Skill Up DuPage - Offers resources to DuPage residents looking to start or restart their careers. Individuals can be paired up with career coaches, plan their careers, and even get up to $10,000 in assistance toward career training or education.
- Elgin Community College - Learn more about their Corporate Training program for information about training employees. For more information on hiring ECC students, check out their Hire Spartans program.
- North Cook Job Center - Established under the Workforce Investment Act, this resource offers training referrals, career counseling, job listings, and similar employment-related services. The North Cook Job Center also offers financial assistance to eligible individuals looking to further their careers by attending school or job training.